My guest post today comes from Kris who has been battling some frustrating injuries lately but still ran her second marathon (Chicago) in a very impressive time! They say running is 90 percent mental, leaving only 10 percent for the physical aspect of running. This past year I have been plagued with injuries, which has… Continue reading Guest post: No pain, no gain?
First of all, congratulations to my friend Patti who ran the farthest she has ever run before at this race! The main takeaway from this race: my legs just aren’t quite right yet post-marathon, but I surprisingly felt pretty good the entire time. Alarm went off at 6 a.m. and I had a glass of… Continue reading Monster Dash 10 Mile: race recap
I’m really excited about Monster Dash tomorrow! Today I did one of my favorite things in the world: picked up my race packet. At a race expo. Unfortunately it was the race expo from hell. I went over my lunch hour to the expo and got immediately worried as I got closer to the… Continue reading Racing tomorrow!
-Schedule some periodic “no-screen” time. -Meditate everyday. -Race a sub-25 minute 5k (I ran one in 25:55 that included a big ass hill. So I think this is do-able!) -Make my family more of a priority. (Step one: start figuring out what, of all of the things that take up my time, I’m truly passionate… Continue reading Setting some goals.
What a week. Whirlwind is the most fitting word to describe it. Monday and Tuesday was busy busy with a Girls on the Run meeting and long work days to prepare for being out of the office. At home, we are also remodeling our master bathroom, and spent Monday and Tuesday evenings ripping out the… Continue reading Whirlwind week.
This workshop was the perfect way to spend a Saturday afternoon. My friend Megan invited me to this awhile back and I was looking forward to it ever since. With a description like this, how could I resist? Join 3 health-minded ladies as they share their passion and expertise in yoga, holistic health coaching, and… Continue reading Fall Into Wellness Workshop
So..the exciting news I’ve been hinting at: I just found out that I was chosen to be a Ragnar Relay ambassador! I’m so excited to get started and meet my fellow area ambassadors. More details to come soon 🙂 Also, if anyone is interested, I have some referral codes for GymPact. Enter code “237ec8546d” during… Continue reading Exciting news + spreading GymPact love