I’m up and enjoying my two eggs, GF toast with almond butter, water and coffee before the Diva Dash 5K! I don’t have much to say (a bit nervous about this race) so here is an old post I felt like re-posting:
10. Running is a great way to get outside and experience the area where I live from a different perspective.
9. Pure and simple — it’s a great cardio workout!
8. Always improving and be competitive with yourself and accomplishing goal after goal, whether it is a new distance or speed PR, or whatever.
7. Running is also a way I can be competitive with others. I’m not really a competitive person by nature, but running races tends to bring it out in me.
6. I’m extra crabby when I don’t run. (so I’m saying running is almost a necessity for the sake of my marriage and friendships!)
5. Gadgets. Runners use the coolest gadgets from Garmin watches to iPhone apps. I’m a tech geek, what can I say?
4. The indescribable feeling of an evening late summer or early fall run where the air is warm and there is a slight breeze. Nothing like it.
3. It’s a great way to spend time with some of my closest friends that doesn’t involve eating, drinking or spending money. (three things I tend to do often 🙂
2. Running in inclimate weather makes me feel badass.
1. To be able to say that I did it.
Now tell me — what do you love about running?!