Up until this point, if anyone asked me if I was going to run a marathon this year, I would say no. I had no plans whatsoever to run another until maybe next year. However, my husband is training for Grandma’s right now and just signed up for Twin Cities — and now I’m really really tempted to sign up for TCM also.
I hadn’t really said this out loud to anyone — have just been mulling it over in my head. But then I tweeted this to Beth about TCM — officially putting it out on social media. And it felt good!
So here’s my list of pros and cons re: running Twin Cities this year:
- Maybe I can justify eating the way I’ve been lately
- I now have a better idea of what I’m getting myself into and can prepare accordingly
- Will hold me accountable to getting my runs in, which I’m finding has been really crucial in managing my anxiety
- Do I really want to spend my summer training for a marathon again?
- I’d likely be training alone this time around — unless I can talk any of you into training with me! (even long distance — I felt like I was training with Amy last summer!)
- Marathon training got expensive for me — mainly because I found that regular massages were necessary in keeping me injury-free and of course, I went through shoes like crazy.