So far this week I…
- Got up early on a consistent basis. I woke up before my alarm went off three of the days this week!
- Ran once (without shin pain), kicked my booty with an intense elliptical session (didn’t realize those two things went together — intense + elliptical) and did some serious upper body and core strength training
- Put my Saucony Boston Strong lace medallions on my shoes
- Failed at making a Fitnessista breakfast cookie. I don’t know why it always turns out mushy on the bottom.
- Finalized my part time job schedule for the summer — I start in less than two weeks!
- Worked two 13 hour days and then took an afternoon off to make up for those long days 🙂
- Volunteered at Feed My Starving Children with the hubs
- Went to the dentist – no cavities!
- Officially made it one month without taking ANY elevator! Yesterday I took the elevator with a co-worker to help her with a giant cart full of stuff we needed to put in our cars for an event we were putting on. But I may start up another month today.
- Had a fantastic lunch with my mentee. I am always so inspired after meeting with her!
- Passed the halfway mark to my fundraising goal for Girls on the Run (in less than two weeks!) – more details on that below.
- Caught up with a friend over wine and started planning our Ragnar team shirts!
Tonight: date night with J and then I’m looking forward to a relaxing weekend. It’s likely to only be semi-relaxing but I’m still looking forward to it!
Happy Friday, everyone!! What’s everyone doing this weekend? Did anyone see Spirit of the Marathon II?
Show your support and make a difference in the lives of young girls
As most of you who read my blog know, Girls on the Run Twin Cities (GOTR) inspires girls to be joyful, healthy and confident. Some of you know that while I used to sit on the Board of Directors, I’m no longer able to make the time commitment. So as part of my efforts to find other ways to stay involved, I’ve decided to run the Twin Cities Marathon as a Girls on the Run Sole Mate to raise money to help make a difference in the lives of young girls across the Twin Cities!
As most of you also know, I’ve decided to set a pretty ambitious goal for myself for TCM. I’m training to complete the marathon in less than 4 hours, which would mean shaving 50 minutes off of my previous marathon time.
If anyone would like to donate, please visit my fundraising page. My goal is to raise $1,000 by October 6. And if you’re in the area or want to take a little vacation, please come support me on race day! You can also sign up to get text message tracking for my progress the day of the race if you can’t be there. If you know anyone else who’d like to support this cause, please forward on!