Since my post from last year is still one of my highest viewed posts ever, I decided to do another list this year. (and yes, I know you’re probably so sick of seeing gift guides.)
In no particular order:
1. Garmin (it’s making the list again this year): I have the Forerunner 10.
2. Nuun is a great stocking stuffer!
3. Bag for all of your gear. Oiselle has a cute one.
5. Race entries: This time of year, entries for spring races are pretty inexpensive!
6. Safety running accessories: reflective gear like reflective vest, headlamp, pepper spray, etc. Or get your hands on some Knuckle Lights!
7. Showerpill: These blew up in the blogosphere maybe a year ago — great for when you don’t have a lot of time to go from run/workout to work or your next event!
8. Arm warmers: Great for transitioning from the weather of one season to the next!
9. The Stick: Thanks to Kori, I now own one of these bad boys and it’s a great complement to my foam roller. And it’s called a ‘toothbrush for muscles.’ How cool is that?
This year, I also decided to include some other runners’ suggestions in addition to my own. Here they are, in their own words:
From Jen, a soon-to-be new mom:
My whole world is revolving around our newest addition. I’m looking for ways to get back in shape from several months off and ways to incorporate baby in the mix. First thing on my list is a jogging stroller. Other thing I’m looking for involve how to make it all work. So this book looked appealing, Run like a Mother, How to get moving and not lose your family, job, or sanity. Or this DVD: Happy Baby Workout-New mom and baby fitness workout DVD.
Non baby related gifts I would recommend are a good foam roller- I LOVE my foam roller!, and a subscription to audible.com for unlimited audiobooks. While training for the marathon I realized I loved listening to books, made the time pass quicker, was able to zone out better, didn’t have the beat of faster or slower music to mess up my running pace. My library has some options but its not very user friendly and the selection is varied.
From Kristen, my marathon training buddy for life:
Energy bits gift card