50 days to go!
The days during the last couple of weeks have felt like I’m repeatedly going through a series of events that include:
- Go to bed. Wake up a zillion times because either I have to go to the bathroom or my hip pain causes me to need to change positions.
- Wake up super early because it’s no use trying to sleep anymore.
- Be tired all day. If it’s the weekend, take a nap.
- Eat lots of snacks throughout the day.
- Drink a ton of water. Pee a million times.
- Feel so tired by the time 9 p.m. rolls around, I can hardly see straight.
I did start seeing a chiropractor during week 31. WHY DID I WAIT SO LONG?! Seriously. Life changing. I’m still having that hip pain at night, but it’s improved and during the day, I’m feeling a lot better than I had been.
This past weekend, some friends threw me a lovely baseball-themed baby shower!
I loved the activities they had planned. Like, all of the guests created a page of an alphabet book that they later bound and gave to me.
Guests also got entered into a prize raffle if they brought us a pack of diapers 🙂 I’m feeling more stocked up now!
Of course we all took a selfie with Jen’s selfie stick.
After getting pregnant again, I wasn’t sure I wanted to have a shower, but I’m really glad I did and that I have such amazing friends who wanted to throw me one! And between this shower and my work one, we’re feeling really good about the short list of items we need to go out and buy to absolutely have on hand before baby arrives.
Our 32 week doctor appointment was quick and easy. I got my TDAP booster shot and baby was still head down. Fingers crossed he stays that way! Two more bi-weekly appointments and then they start taking place every week!
Finally, here’s another kitchen progress picture. The cabinets are all installed and some doors are on. And the range is in — it’s SO nice to have an oven again.
Weeks 31-32 snapshot:
- My first and second trimester maternity clothes have stopped fitting. Thank goodness for my friend Katrina, who is letting me borrow some clothes to get me through the next month and a half.
- I walked the Flag Day 5K this past Saturday in 58:34. Definitely slowing down from the last 5K I walked, but felt good for the most part!
- I’m feeling lots of movement these days. I will never get sick of feeling the punches, kicks and rolls!
- Overall, I’m feeling very ready for baby to arrive. This past weekend, we got to meet our friends’ brand new adorable baby and then after my shower, I went into major nesting mode and got a bunch of things put away and organized. J also got the rest of the trim up and floating shelves hung up in the nursery. I also had ordered a glider cushion a month ago on Etsy and that arrived this week. Here are a couple of nursery photos!